W13 A Journey of Gratitude

     Gratitude is very important. I love how as members of the church we have been taught to give thanks to our Father in Heaven every time we pray. This instills a remembrance that not everything revolves around us and that there is something bigger and greater than us alone. I have heard from different studies that those who are grateful are healthier than those who may lack an attitude of gratitude. But as stated in the title of this journal entry, gratitude is a journey and it takes time and work.

    Being grateful is not always easy. I believe that recognizing our ungrateful moments may help us to have a more grateful mindset the next time we are faced with a similarly hard situation. Whenever I face an ungrateful mindset during a particular day, I am often found conversing with my Father in Heaven about the situation at the end of the day asking for forgiveness as well as continual strength to remember my numerous blessings I had received.

    I truly believe that the knowledge of Heavenly parents is something that ensures a higher level of gratitude in my life. Similarly to earthly parents and my gratitude towards them in all that they have provided me with; the knowledge of what my Heavenly parents have blessed me with is huge.

Comments