W10 Dream Big Dreams

This weeks study materials reminded me of a discussion I had with my Dad. The discussion was about my search for a car. I had done previous research on economical cars not only on price but also fuel costs and size. My Dad being someone who dreams big began to lecture me about the importance of dreaming. Although my search for an economical car was not bad he wanted me to understand the importance of dreaming big. Without vision of something great it will be impossible to achieve something so.

This concept of dreaming big and a mentality of superseding the status quo is very important when used in an appropriate way. I believe that many people get stuck in what I call the "poor mentality". Most of the time we ourselves are the ones capping or putting a ceiling on our potential through habits and certain mindsets. I love the saying "shoot for the stars". If you shoot for the stars and don't quite make, odds are you made it to a pretty great place. Although it can be more difficult for some rather than others we must continue to dream big and never underestimate ourselves.

Comments